At Ortinola, we are both the farmers and the chocolate-makers.
We grow our beans from our prized Trinitario trees
At Ortinola, we pride ourselves in producing some of the finest handmade Trinidadian chocolates. Our Trinitario cocoa trees produce quality beans, and we ferment and dry our beans with the utmost care.
Artisan chocolate, made with love
After drying, we make our chocolate in small batches. Our bars often have a mild fresh fruit flavour with floral notes. Our small chocolate business can provide something to suit every palate with our 60% bars being surprisingly delicious, even for those who are not dark chocolate lovers.
We currently offer a range of chocolate bars, cocoa nibs, and truffles.
If you are having a special event, why not use our chocolates as mini party favours? We provide wedding favours, gift baskets and custom orders on request. We also have cocoa tours and bean to bar workshops where you can visit and learn more about Trinidad and Tobago’s cocoa industry. Have a look at our schedule here:
Online Store: https://ortinola.company.site/
- The Happy Gourmet, Valpark Shopping Plaza, Valsayn South
- Adam’s Bagels, Maraval
- Simple Choice Mart, Cascade
- Noir Coffee Lab, Auzonville
- Starlite Pharmacy, Maraval, South Park & Diego Martin branches
- Antoni’s Floral, Valpark
- Look for us at markets and pop-up shops around Trinidad!
How can you use cocoa nibs?
- In Smoothies (great with bananas, not with pawpaw for some reason)
- In Baking: these are a healthier alternative to chocolate chips, they add flavour without adding sugar and look great as sprinkles
- Straight out of the bag
- For Cooking in Savoury Sauces
- Salad Topping (for the adventurous)
- In Greek or Plain Yogurt
- Grind with bayleaf, cinnamon and nutmeg to make homemade ‘cocoa tea’
- Grind and add to your coffee!
- They are NOT chocolate chips or cocoa powder – which are different products
Why should I use cocoa nibs?
- Higher in antioxidants than most superfoods
- Produced on a local farm #supportlocal
- Zero added sugar