Tours at Ortinola
Come tour the magnificent Ortinola Great House, a meticulously restored plantation house reminiscent of Trinidad's history and stunning in its original beauty.
The tour gives you a glimpse of our story, and also touches on our long-standing connection with all things cocoa and chocolate.
Sample cacao beans raw from the pod, see and smell fermented and dried beans, and, as a special treat, we give you a taste of fine Ortinola chocolate, made locally from our very own cocoa beans.
At Ortinola we seek to provide guests with an informative and engaging experience.
We offer a variety of tours which can be modified to suit your needs, and rental of the venue or a meal is also an option (with advance arrangement) *.
For further information email us at email@example.com or call us at +868-696-1507.
STANDARD OR DROP-IN TOUR
The classic Ortinola tour. For drop-in or private tour dates, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our Facebook page for last minute notifications. This tour covers a history of Ortinola, a visit to the cocoa field where we explain how cocoa is grown, and we then return to the Great House to explain how chocolate is made with the aid of a slideshow (no chocolate factory is on site).
Our next date?
Sunday 24th November:
9:30am Tour (Optional Chocolate-Making)
2:30pm Afternoon Tea!
Contact us at email@example.com for the schedule, or have a look at the link below for a sample menu, pricing etc.
Classic Tour duration: 1.5 hours but please allow 2 hours for questions, photos etc.
Adults:$15 USD / $75 TTD
Children 7-12 years $50 TT (Minimum size of 10 adults for groups)
Group tours / groups less than 10 persons pay a minimum of TT $600 per group
PRIMARY & SECONDARY SCHOOL TOURS
TT $55 per student for a minimum of 15 students. Please contact us for details on school tours since there a possibility of adding on a chocolate-making option at an additional cost (for small groups only).
TOUR AND LUNCH/TEA
If you would like a meal after your tour, we can certainly make this possible. Please contact us for menus. Please note that catering needs to be requested in advance.
CHOCOLATE-MAKING & TOUR- This is a 3 to 4-hour event where you do our Classic Tour and More! After our tour, you get to mould your own chocolate bars to take home and show off to your friends! We make some delicious CHOCOLATE (and lots of mess). Please contact us for more information.This is probably our favourite and most enjoyable experience - have you been to a Sip n' Paint? Just imagine a Sip n' Chocolate Event!
NOTES ON ALL TOURS (Tour checklist):
Please note that all estate visits are by appointment or advance reservation only
- We start tours strictly on time so we advise that you arrive 15 minutes in advance of your tour time so you don't miss out on the fun!
- Tours happen whatever the weather
- Proper footwear (flat, close-toed) are required for the cocoa field. The walk is very short and not strenuous, but safety comes first and we do not want anyone getting ants in their pants!
• Change of clothing (in case of rain) and umbrella or hats
• Sunblock and insect repellent
• Bottle of water and snack if desired
• Any special medications; however we have a basic first-aid kit on site
• Need help finding a way here? We can try to assist with finding a reliable transport option
• Cameras recommended! Please take photos only. Picking of any fruit, flowers or pods is not permitted at any time
• A minimum of 24 hours’ notice in writing is required to cancel a pre-booked tour, otherwise a 50% fee or $200 cancellation fee is payable
• In the event of inclement weather, we will substitute an indoor experience
• We apologise in advance, however access to the cocoa estate for differently-abled persons is limited due to the terrain - driving the route is however possible
• We prefer ages 8 and up since the tour is geared towards an adult audience, but if you do have a little one that is coming along - please be considerate of our other tour guests and the venue- and please do visit!
- Tours are conducted in English only, but we can assist with finding French, Spanish, Japanese, Greek or German translators if desired
Please let us know in advance if you have any conditions or allergies that we should be aware of.
Frosty Pod Alert: If you, or any members of your group, have visited a farm in South or Central America recently, you may not be eligible for the tour. Please help us to keep the Frosty Pod disease out of Trinidad & Tobago.