Tours at Ortinola
Come tour the magnificent Ortinola Great House, a meticulously restored plantation house reminiscent of Trinidad's history and stunning in its original beauty.
The tour gives you a glimpse of our story, and also touches on our long-standing connection with all things cocoa and chocolate.
Sample cacao beans raw from the pod, see and smell fermented and dried beans, and, as a special treat, we give you a taste of fine Ortinola chocolate, made locally from our very own cocoa beans.
At Ortinola we seek to provide guests with an informative and engaging experience.
We offer a variety of tours which can be modified to suit your needs, and rental of the venue or a meal is also an option (with advance arrangement) *.
For further information email us at email@example.com or call us at +868-696-1507.
STANDARD OR DROP-IN TOUR
The classic Ortinola tour. For drop-in tour dates, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our Facebook page. Our next tour is on Valentine's Day, 14th February at 10:00am, and 18th February at 1:00pm before tea. Have a look at our full schedule here: https://mailchi.mp/ortinola/200zl5fhgt-1347169
Tour duration: 1.5 hours but please allow 2 hours for questions, photos etc.
$70 TT / USD $10 (Local Rate)
Children 8-12 years $40 TT (Minimum size 10 adults)
Private tours / groups less than 10 persons pay a minimum of TT $600 per group
PRIMARY & SECONDARY SCHOOL TOURS
TT $55 per student for a minimum of 15 students. Please contact us for details on primary school tours, and lunch arrangements for your outing!
TOUR AND LUNCH/TEA
If you would like a meal after your tour, we can certainly make this possible. Please contact us for menus. Please note that catering needs to be requested in advance.
BEAN TO BAR DEMONSTRATIONS
TT $495 per person. This is a 3 to 4-hour event where you learn about chocolate from bean to bar and even get to mould your own chocolates to take home and show off to your friends! Please contact us for more information.
CHOCOLATE-MAKING & TOUR- This is probably our favourite and most enjoyable experience - have you been to a Sip n' Paint? Just imagine a Sip n' Chocolate Event! We do our full classic tour, then return to the Great House where we take a short break and then make some delicious CHOCOLATE (and lots of mess) $350 per person, ages 12 and up. Contact us to book!
NOTES ON ALL TOURS (Tour checklist):
Please note that all estate visits are by appointment or advance reservation only
- We start tours on time so we advise that you arrive 15 minutes in advance of your tour time so you don't miss out on the fun!
- Tours happen whatever the weather
- Proper footwear (flat, close-toed) and proper long-sleeved trousers are required for the cocoa field. The walk is very short and not strenuous, but safety comes first and we do not want anyone getting ants in their pants!
• Change of clothing (in case of rain) and umbrella or hats
• Sunblock and insect repellent
• Bottle of water and snack if desired
• Any special medications; however we have a basic first-aid kit on site
• Need help finding a way here? We can try to assist with finding a reliable transport option
• Cameras recommended! Please take photos only. Picking of any fruit, flowers or pods is not permitted at any time
• A minimum of 24 hours’ notice in writing is required to cancel a pre-booked tour, otherwise a 50% fee or $200 cancellation fee is payable
• In the event of inclement weather, we will substitute an indoor experience
• We apologise in advance, however access to the cocoa estate for differently-abled persons is limited due to the terrain - driving the route is possible
• We prefer ages 8 and up since the tour is geared towards an adult audience, but if you do have a little one that is coming along - please be considerate of our other tour guests and the venue- and please do visit!
Please let us know in advance if you have any conditions or allergies that we should be aware of.
Frosty Pod Alert: If you, or any members of your group, have visited a farm in South or Central America recently, you may not be eligible for the tour. Please help us to keep the Frosty Pod disease out of Trinidad & Tobago.